Weekend 2: Ground
- Art of Teaching p. 51-94
- Anatomy: Yoga Biomechanics p.75-131
- Meditation – How to Meditate p. 79-136
Great Work of Your Life p. 65-156
Quick Movement Snack for Feet
The foot is the foundation of all our movements. Proper ground control is key to moving well.
40 Minute Practice Focusing On Feet
- This practice creates good communication from the ground up, builds supple and springy supports, and establishes the foot as the ground of all good movement.
Quick Movement Snack for Knees
Restore the function of your knees with this progressive bending exercise.
Quick Movement Snack for Hips
- Wake up your spine by learning to articulate and move each of the segments
20 Minute Hip Series
- The 6 movements of the hip for centering the hip joints.
40 Minute Practice Focusing On Hips
- A practice for increasing dynamic hip mobility.
~Therapeutic sequence that respects principle (solution)~
Anatomical Focus: Hips
- Movement of the hips, knee, ankle, and foot.
- Clarification of all ranges of movement of major joints: active, passive, etc.
- Applying 6 functional movements of hip to yoga postures that address the movements. (e.g. standing, seated, hip opening, hip strengthening)
Art of Teaching
Authenticity & cultivation of sensitivity (ground of teaching) movement screening and protocol – more in depth spine
Dysfunction and Therapeutics
What postures are affected by limited range of motion and what movements are beneficial.
- Protocol or treatment plan/program design to be covered to align with project
- How to structure a session
- How to structure a series
- How to structure a protocol (applied therapeutics)