Using the embedded, super nifty notetaker tool (the black box in the right lower corner labelled Take Notes) you can take notes without needing to open a notebook or a separate document. As you progress, lesson to lesson, course to course, your notes will cumulate into one handy-dandy document. Everything you need is right here, so use your tools!
Lecture - Ecological Succession Part 1
- Succession is the pattern of regrowth after destruction.
- Stability emerges as diversity increases.
Lecture - Ecological Succession Part 2
- There are three stages of succession.
- First stage of succession is from 1-3 years. Plants that grow well in this stage are pioneer plants, that are super hardy and resilient.
- Mid succession is from 2-5 years. Plants in this stage have a bit more need for habitat and are quite dense.
- Late succession is from 5-100+ years. Plants in this stage are the most diverse, stable and dependent on other plants to thrive.
Lecture - Ecological Succession Part 3
- Keeping your home veggie garden in early succession is the best way to get the best yields.
- The edges between succession or phases are the most abundant time and should be cultivated whenever possible